TTR, MCL - anyone with a son at Trinity! - sports bag!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LazyDaisy

TTR, MCL - anyone with a son at Trinity! - sports bag!

Post by LazyDaisy »

Hi folks,
Hope you are all ready to roll!!

A quick question - I'm confused about labelling the sports bag. According to the thing Hewitts gave me, one of the Trinity labels has to be attached to the sports bag under the school emblem. BUT the checklist from the school doesn't say that the sports bag has to have a Trinity label!!!

I'm confused - what am I supposed to be doing? HELP!
Mummyto3

Re: TTR, MCL - anyone with a son at Trinity! - sports bag!

Post by Mummyto3 »

Sew the name tag under the trinity badge on the bag - does that make sense??!! :o

Most boys start of with a name tag on the bag, it then disappears.......
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Thanks Mummyto3 - so the Hewitts diagram is right!!!!
Third time round

Post by Third time round »

yes...I sewed it under the badge on the bag! or rather the lady in the local sewing workshop did...it was beyond me!!!
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Oooh, nice one TTR! DH has to do the sewing, even though I have an 'O' level in Home Ec - a needle and thread is also beyond me!

How did your DSs enjoy this afternoon? My DS had a great time meeting the boys in his new form group.
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

I can't crack this sewing it onto the bag AT ALL!!!!!!! Panic stations........

Anyway, Ds had a great time yesterday - he likes his form tutor and enjoyed the ICT bit. He has three boys with the same name in his class :shock: - what was the school thinking? :roll: Luckily it is not his name but it is his friend's name - poor thing.

Ds said that the former JBugs had to stand at the front and tell everyone who they were - did your ds have to do that in his form, Mummyto3?

Ds is now very excited about Monday - he has tried on his uniform and looks so grown up. He is determined to go by bus ( :roll: ) so hopefully he won't be crushed to death at the bus stop at home time. :?
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Lol! Am laughing at your sewing efforts!! I had to sew the name tag on the rugby shirt (again) and by DSs second gamess session it was hanging on rather limply!!

In DSs form the old Jbugs had to lead each group on the treasue hunt, but that was it!!

Your DS will have a great time :D
mummycomelately

Post by mummycomelately »

Hi everyone,

Haven't looked here for a while, so hope all your boys are settling in well. Mine is very happy so far and keen to do his homework!! Wonders will never cease...

I have had similar problems with the stupid name tags which took me all day to sew on. I wish I had known about your sewing workshop lady TTR, very clever. The Hewitts diagram shows the name on the left leg of the shorts, but the Trinity list (you know, the one we had to sign in blood) said it should go on the right leg. Also I mucked up the socks because I didn't realise the name was supposed to be visible when they are turned over. Sewing is really not my thing...

At the grammar schools they have the names embroidered on at the shop - do you think Trinity wants us to prove our extra parental commitment with needlecraft? All done now, but I'm really worried my DS will leave his kit bag on the train!
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

LOL, mummycomelately - maybe they could make it part of the admissions process?

Boys to the left sitting exams in English, Maths and VR

Parents to the right doing embroidery!!!! :lol: :lol:
Third time round

Post by Third time round »

Hi everyone...hope all the DSs are settling in ok! We went from joy to despair and back again when DS entire sports bag went missing and was then found a couple of days later..but other than that he is very happy. DS says that the teachers are all ''just so nice'' and I'm hoping it stays that way.
Anyway..the reason I am posting is to let everyone know that Hewitts posted me out spare blazer buttons free of charge today! (just in case anyone else has a son like mine!)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now