St Paul's Girls' School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest1234

St Paul's Girls' School

Post by Guest1234 »

Could any one shed light on admission process? The school does not give out past papers. There is an interview which precedes the exam (late January). The exam consists of 3 papers - English, Maths and a third surprise paper. Has any one's daughter been through this and could they please share?

Thanks in anticipation!
SilverGirl

Post by SilverGirl »

Ok, so hi!

I AM the daughter so I'll give some tips, seeing as I've been through it all ( AND got in to St Pauls! :) ), now first of all, I'd like to say that the surprise paper was science comprehension. Although that was this year, maybe next year will be something different!?
Here's the really important bit though, if you have tutored your child a lot and if you are a pushy parent ( no offense ), it will be quite hard for your daughter to get in. Except if she is naturally bright ( which she probably is ), then there is a huge chance.

You see, she may have been tutored for ages on end, but you really have to think on the St Pauls test. You think of ways how to answer and solve the question! :idea:
I come from a minute state school and I still got in because I used my brain!

I hoped that helped! If it did but you still want maybe some more information, then please tell me, maybe by private messaging me. But if it didn't, then I'll just thank you for wasting my time! :evil:

Good luck to your daughter,
Hana. :mrgreen:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi SilverGirl again

Have just posted elsewhere on your bright future at St Pauls. Please stick around to give advice to people looking for places at schools you were entered for - there is nothing like the candidate's view after all.

Sally-Anne
guest19

Silvergirl

Post by guest19 »

Oh how wonderful to be young and so full of confidence. Well done and good luck in your future education. Another Maggie Thatcher in the making????? :D
cam

Post by cam »

That's a bit harsh wouldn't you say, guest 19?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now