Habs exams today

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Josa

Habs exams today

Post by Josa »

How did your ds's find it? Ds said English was easy, Reasoning ok but found a few of the maths questions difficult. Glad this is over and we can move on to the next one, can't wait for it to be over.

Wishing all the ds's the very best of luck :)
nat

Re: Habs exams today

Post by nat »

My DS found the whole exam straight forward so I am pleased. He even accepted the fact that the English paper's timing was changed to 80 minutes last minute. Personally I thnk it is a good idea to give them extra time.
The only incident he didn't like was when the test administrator told him off for writing in pencil and suggested he should errase part of his work and do it in pen (if he has time at the end of the test). But then he changed his mind and said it was ok to use a pencil. So a bit of confusion which was unnecessary.
newbie2010

Post by newbie2010 »

Hi,

DS insists that, for English, the group he was in was given 10 minutes reading time and 60 minutes to do the exam i.e 70 minutes in total.
This seems to contradict the latest email that was sent from Habs and what has been mentioned in this post i.e 80 minutes in total.

Can others please share their views/their DSs' experiences.

Regards

newbie2010
Josa

Post by Josa »

Hi newbie2010,

Ds also confirmed that his group was given 70 mins instead of the 80 mins stated in the email, he was in Rm E01. Although he did managed to finish, the extra 10 mins would have helped with going over his work :x
nat

Post by nat »

Sorry. I just spoke to my DS and indeed they were given 10 minutes reading time and 60 minutes to do the test. But the email said 80 minutes. Strange.
emmalulu

Post by emmalulu »

my ds said some boys were already reading the paper when he was taken to his seat !! he was not late we just had to wait in the cars as instructed !!
CoolMum5

Post by CoolMum5 »

emmalulu wrote:my ds said some boys were already reading the paper when he was taken to his seat !! he was not late we just had to wait in the cars as instructed !!
That seems rather unfair! My DS didn't experience this but I do know that people had a lot of trouble getting into the school due to congestion - they should have allowed for that. MTs today were extremely well-organised in that regard.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now