Anyone waiting for Oxford indie offers?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Snorter

Anyone waiting for Oxford indie offers?

Post by Snorter »

Just heard back from OHS, now waiting for Headington. Will be glad when it's all over.
joop

Re: Anyone waiting for Oxford indie offers?

Post by joop »

Are these both highly selective ? I have a daughter only year 4 at the minute but a bit of a late developer, so just starting to think about the future and she is just gaining a bit of confidence. Not sure where she will at in 2 years time.
Snorter

Post by Snorter »

I hear that OHS is highly selective, but there only appeared to be around 70 girls there on admissions day. Headington is not as selective from what I can tell and also seems to focus more on extra-curricular activities.

OHS set their own test (English, Maths, VR, NVR) and Headington have Common Entrance tests in English (x2) Maths and Science. Headington don't place much emphasis on the Science exam for state school pupils.
Sianey20

Post by Sianey20 »

How did your daughter find the OHS entrance papers? Are all girls interviewed? Thanks.
Snorter

Post by Snorter »

Her first words were "boring" (she's a girl of few words!) Aside from the VR and NVR, it's typical KS2 stuff from what she said. All girls are interviewed the week after the tests.