St John's Senior SchooL, Enfield

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
akpanto

St John's Senior SchooL, Enfield

Post by akpanto »

Hi there,
We'd like some more information regarding this school, and would really appreciate comments from anyone with first hand experience as we're looking into various options for DS.

Thanks in advance.
Yadagi

Re: St John's Senior SchooL, Enfield

Post by Yadagi »

Hi Akpanto,

Just had look on here and saw your post, felt I had to answer as no-one else has.

My close friend has a daughter there , and her son is also going in September.
Her nephew and goddaughter also went there and have now left having both done well, and after 6th form at another college , they are both at uni.

Her daughter is doing very well , having been set as average at primary school she is now coming top in a lot of her subjects.

I also know someone who works there in a high position in the languages department.

Everything I hear about the school is that it is quite academic , well disciplined ,but the DC have lots of fun extra curricular activities as well. (trips abroad, spots etc)
If you have any specific questions I can try and ask for you , but as I do not have 1st hand experience you may want to get advice from elsewhere .
chicko-mum

Post by chicko-mum »

I'd agree with Yadagi's comments. I know 3 families with children there. They are all very pleased with the school. Discipline is good all the children I know there are very happy and feel secure in their envionment. Plus they come home and finish any outstanding homework before doing anything else. Somehow the school has instilled this ethos into them :D . The HT aims to prepare them for beyond school, they do lots of public speaking, activities to build confidence etc. I think their intake is about 60, around half come from the prep school. Entrance is via an exam - VR, Eng & Maths all done in one sitting.
HTH.
akpanto

Post by akpanto »

Many thanks for your helpful feedback, Yadagi & Chicko-mum