Decisions to be made ... City or NLCS or HBS?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CLSG, NLCS or HBS?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 pm

CLSG
18%
NLCS
45%
HBS
36%

Total votes: 22

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rnch

Decisions to be made ... City or NLCS or HBS?

Post by rnch »

Over the moon with offers received for CLSG, NLCS and HBS among others, glad the waiting is over. Time to make a choice ...

Congrats to all those who got their first choice, commiserations to those who did not get what they wanted. Hang in there and best of luck to those who are still waiting ... there will always be movement.

There may never be a perfect choice but no matter which our DC choose, I'm sure they will make it work for them!

A big thank you to all those who have offered invaluable advice and wisdom to us novices!
Last edited by rnch on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting_For_Godot

Re: Decisions to be made ...

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

All being equal I would choose the nearest one and then the one with most land if they were equidistant.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Waiting_For_Godot wrote:All being equal I would choose the nearest one and then the one with most land if they were equidistant.
yep, nearest one for me as well
mad?
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

Mad?, where has this unusual afinity come from today?! :shock: 8)
mad?

Post by mad? »

Waiting_For_Godot wrote:Mad?, where has this unusual afinity come from today?! :shock: 8)
No idea! Wierd isn't it? :shock:
mad?
rnch

Re: Decisions to be made ... City or NLCS or HBS?

Post by rnch »

Journey on Northern line (with no change) can be for all three schools. We haven't timed the morning rush but plan to visit all three schools again in any case ...
mad?

Post by mad? »

rnch wrote:Journey on Northern line (with no change) can be for all three schools. We haven't timed the morning rush but plan to visit all three schools again in any case ...
Definitely a good idea to do a practice run of the morning (and evening) rush, with one or 2 bulky bags and an uncomfortable blazer. Perhaps accompanied on the first one so thatyou can pick up her oyster card when she drops it. We did this. It made an enormous difference. We made the right decision, but there'll be no foreign holidays any more :cry:
mad?
another mother

Post by another mother »

Congratulations! Well done to you and your dd..

I've sent you a pm - but I think WfG and Mad? quite right to consider the journey! All these schools are going to take up a lot of your dd's time in various ways!
another mother

Post by another mother »

ps is there still a blazer at any of these? City certainly lets you travel in any old coat... which is very wise!
mad?

Post by mad? »

another mother wrote:ps is there still a blazer at any of these? City certainly lets you travel in any old coat... which is very wise!
Good point...although I find that coat often gets taken off during a sweaty tube journey and has, on occassion ended up in Upminster grrr :evil:
mad?