Schools Required

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lemondrop

Re: Schools Required

Post by lemondrop »

I would have thought the American School in London would be ideal, it takes girls and boys from Kindergarten up to 12th grade and is very close to central London (St John's Wood). There is a large American community in the area with many parents working at the US Embassy which is relatively nearby.

http://www.asl.org/
moved

Post by moved »

Is there a reason that they do not wish to go to the American School?
Pushy Dad

Post by Pushy Dad »

Because its full of Americans? I don't mean it in a negative way. I have Brit friends who elect to work overseas in order to experience a different culture and they want the same for their kids hence the use of local schools. Maybe the OP's colleague wants the same for his kids.
pepys

Post by pepys »

I know the American School in Cobham has students of many nationalities, of the 5 families I know who go there, they are: 1 french, 1 south african, 1russian and 2 american families. The IB is the attraction for them as well as the international flavour of the school.
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

I went to school with a South African girl whose brother was at the St John's Wood American school, and know there were a wide range of nationalities there besides American. My class (of 26 pupils) at secondary school, which was an 'English' girls' Indie had South African, Israeli, Pakistani, Indian, American, Canadian, Mauritian and French nationalities represented.

The benefit I could see of the American School in London is that it is centrally located and would (subject to spaces being available) accommodate the entire family.