Independent Schools who run extended day

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
harrow123

Re: Independent Schools who run extended day

Post by harrow123 »

Can anyone please share if you know anymore boys/mixed school who runs extended day in London or surroundings

I could gather few for girls thru this forum but not many for boys

Thanks for your help
emmsie

Post by emmsie »

Tonbridge but very expensive, you may aswell board fab school though. My DS is at Trinity and doesn't appear back home till 7pm, the library is open till 5.30pm and seems to be used as unofficial childcare and there are always hoards of boys wandering around watching matches, using the gym etc no sat school but always hockey/cricket/rugby matches
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Reeds (boys school, Surrey) does this. The school bus leaves the school at 5 or 5.30pm (not sure which.) They do prep on site and have obligatory extra-curricular sport - they must choose at least one per week, but most probably choose much more. Friends with sons there say the advantage is that once they're home, they are free. Not sure if they do Saturday school or not. think they might.
zorro

Post by zorro »

My DS's school Aldenham (Elstree) finishes at 5.40 except for Fri when they finish at 4.40pm.
It is a co-ed boarding and day school.No Saturday school though.
Mill Hill School (North London) does Saturday school but I don't think they do an extended day (it's usually one or the other I think.)
Sportsmum

Post by Sportsmum »

zorro wrote:My DS's school Aldenham (Elstree) finishes at 5.40 except for Fri when they finish at 4.40pm.
It is a co-ed boarding and day school.No Saturday school though.
Mill Hill School (North London) does Saturday school but I don't think they do an extended day (it's usually one or the other I think.)
This is the last year of Saturday school at Mill Hill - they are coming into line with everyone else. Additionally friends who have children at Mill Hill say that their offspring often don't get home form MH until 6pm ish on a daily basis.
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

thanks for all replies

as of now my ds is in waiting list for Wellington college

we are not disappointed though

All is well
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now