Art scoralships

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Akiko

Re: Art scoralships

Post by Akiko »

All rounder? How does it work? Is there a scolarship for all rounder? I will have to call admissions. Thank you all very much!
Pushy Dad

Post by Pushy Dad »

The piano is considered to be an easy instrument, such that scholarship panels expect the applicant to be at least Grade 7 and to offer a secondary instrument at Grade 5 at least.
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

Pushy Dad wrote:The piano is considered to be an easy instrument, such that scholarship panels expect the applicant to be at least Grade 7 and to offer a secondary instrument at Grade 5 at least.
Sorry but this is simply not the case. The only reason a higher grade is expected is because many offer piano - violin has higher requirements too. At 11+ grade 7 and 5 is not the norm although in some school environments it may be. I have done a lot of research on this.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Piano easy??? I did grade 3 clarinet and I find grade 2 piano far far harder. I was told the reason the scholarships go in favour of other instruments offered at lower grades is because they can be played in school orchestra, whereas piano can't so easily.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now