Lady Eleanor Holles Interview Tips

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

aban

Lady Eleanor Holles Interview Tips

Post by aban »

Hi. Does anyone has any information to share about LEH interview - what is a typical interview like and does the school test any specific aspect in interview ? My DD's interview is scheduled in week beginning 23rd Jan. Thanks.
Thisismadness

Re: Lady Eleanor Holles Interview Tips

Post by Thisismadness »

I have sons but a friend's DD did the LEH interview (and got a place) a few years ago. Apart from the usual school subjects, books, hobbies, why do you want to come here etc, they did ask her to talk about a story currently in the news that interested her. She was all ready with a story (Obama recently winning the presidential election) but the interviewer than said "...except Obama winning the presidential election" (I suppose everyone's mum had had the same idea!) She stammered something out and was fine, but maybe it's worth preparing her with a couple of news ideas! Good luck to your DD
aban

Post by aban »

Thanks Thisismadness.
It seems LEH is inclined towards testing General awareness a bit more as some current affairs questions appeared in their written test also.
If anyone has more experience to share it will be great.
supermummy

Post by supermummy »

Hi

DD1 is at LEH and from recollection, the interview is a combination of current affairs, personal information and some "moral hazard" type questions (what would you do if...).

I was very worried beforehand as she was not overly confident but she found it friendly and welcoming and came out laughing.

Other girls in her year had some horror stories (having to sing, being told off for saying "like" too many times) but by and large I think they are just out to assess that they are participative, aware and most likely not over- tutored.

Tell your DD to relax, and she should be fine.

Good luck!

sm
mumoffour

Post by mumoffour »

My daugher's interview was quite fluffy - asked about her family, interests, what her dream holiday would be. There was nothing tricky and no current affairs. However, I know of other girls whose interviews were quite different - think it really depends who is doing the interview!

Good luck!
MmeH

Post by MmeH »

Hi aban, gd luck to your DD for her interview this week. Can you post with how it went/what was asked to help those with interviews to come, pls? From your other posts, it sounds as if your DD has interviews at lots of schools so she has done really well! Which one are you/she hoping for?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now