Bancroft school

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CPM1771

Re: Bancroft school

Post by CPM1771 »

We have still heard nothing from Bancrofts despite interviews starting tomorrow. They seem to be taking their time. Forest had called us back for scholarship interviews by the Wednesday after the exam. Chigwell took longer, but their interviews for scholarhsips are not until next week. Must be very nerve racking if it is the only exam they've done.
vivienphung

Post by vivienphung »

We were left a telephone message from Bancroft about an interview on Saturday. Yeah.......
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

DD also has an interview Saturday morning! Yeah!!. Does anyone have any idea what they talk about/do?
Jollygood

Post by Jollygood »

DS also has an interview Saturday morning too. Very pleased for him :)
Best of luck to everyone's DC.

Jollygood
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

Bancrofts have just called and interview is tomorrow also. Did anyone get told anything more than it will be a 20 minute interview ?
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

Hi CM

Unfortunately, I was too excited to ask any sensible questions although I did ask if DD needed to bring anything with her and they said "no". Other than that we were just told the time and that it would be approximately 20 minutes. I wish I had thought to ask how many panel members there would be. I don't want to ring back as the letter the school handed to parents on test day was quite blunt about not calling the school. Anyway, goodluck to everyones DC and lets hope the snow holds off to the evening!

Cheers
Turtle07

Post by Turtle07 »

...page 7 and 8 from last year's link has some feedback on the interviews subject given by previous parents: :wink:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... s&start=70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tubby

Post by tubby »

Goodluck to your DC for getting this far, and with the coming interviews, it really breaks my heart to say i did not get a phone call so no interview, am really dreading the worse now :cry: , really cannot fathom what went wrong, cannot communicate with DH he is in a shutdown mode now, that is his way of dealing with things not talking :?
tami

Post by tami »

Good luck to all the children with interviews today for Bancroft :)
Tami
yellow

Post by yellow »

Dear All, Nervously waiting for next week (with many others, I am sure)! DS said interview went well last week, and he felt he could answer the questions effectively. Just two quick queries: 1) any success stories out there about signs, etc to look for, to see if candidates may have a chance of a scholarship at Bancrofts? 2) any stories has to how crucial the school report is? thank you, and good luck to everyone's DC