St Albans HS has anyone heard back regarding interviews?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shreeya

Re: St Albans HS has anyone heard back regarding interviews?

Post by shreeya »

Middlesexmum we got a letter to say that our DD has been invited back for an interview. We are really pleased that she has got through to the next round but at the same time know that it is going to be tough getting through the interview stage. Also the only other private school we applied to was Habs so this was our last hope. When do you hear back from St Helens? I must admit that I have never been so stressed in my life before and the whole process feels very traumatic.
BarnetDad

Post by BarnetDad »

Slightly embarrassed to day that DD has been invited back (and feel gutted for those that didn't make the cut). Any idea of what they get up to? I've heard from a current Yr8 that her class was asked to build a bridge. I suppose they're looking for team-players and to avoid sociopaths.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Congrats to those who got through to interview and sad about those who did not. I did hear that numbers applying were very high this year. They only do group interviews, they are looking for bright confident girls who encourage and suuport other girls and are good team players. Last year they had to do a science experiment together. My dd had a Miss Bossy Boots in her group who took over and started ordering everyone around. I would love to know if she got a place!`DG
Mango

Post by Mango »

Hi Daogroupie,

I know you have always said that personally you didn't know of anyone, over the many years, that has failed to get an interview at St Albans High School for Girls (STAHs), and that you were not aware of any external applicants who were not offered a place.

As I have always maintained - unfortunately they do exist, as is heart-breakingly evident in the above posts. Sadly not everyone gets an interview or is offered a place. It is a highly selective sought after school.

Good luck again this time around - sincerely hope your DD2 gets her first choice of DAO, to join DD1.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello Mango, good to hear from you again. I hope your dd is enjoying Y8 as much as she enjoyed Y7. DD2 is actually already half way through Y7 at DAO and is having a blast. I am sad for those who were not allocated an interview but hopeful for those who did. It is an excellent school. We attend the Music concert each term and really enjoy it. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now