The Brentwood School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GideaParkMum

Re: The Brentwood School

Post by GideaParkMum »

Thank God we got a big envelope in the morning as well. DD is very pleased even though its full paying fees. Just waiting for the other results to come in by 1st March then it will be decision time.
I'm still torn between Grammar and Independent schools! i like the Grammars but feel they are too academic oriented unlike the Indies where your child gets to thrive in other areas as well as academics. Is anyone feeling the same way?
I agree that paying fees for the next 7 years is a huge commitment.
GideaParkMum

Post by GideaParkMum »

Congrats Southend mum, Tami, Jollygood and all the others who got offered places as well. I hope March 1 will give us the same positive results.
well done to all the kids.
tami

Post by tami »

Thank you and I totally agree roll on March 1st!...... :roll:
Tami
Bagpuss1

Post by Bagpuss1 »

Southendmum wrote:Bagpuss1 and tami - Congratuations on your DC being offered places!

Bagpuss I really feel for you knowing that you are unable to take up the place!! I wonder if there is anything else the school can offer you and if it would be worth talking to them again? It really is devastating especially if you know your child has set their heart on it.

My DD has also been offered a place on a full fee paying basis and of course I am delighted but am also now pondering having to pay the fees for the next 7+ years and considering the things we will have to give up to do that. :?

Best of luck to your DD Bagpuss and I hope you manage to find a solution and also to your DS tami.
Thank you for replying, I have been trying to find out if there are any grants to help with the fee's, and also pondering getting full time work, if it pays enough :D .

Well done to your DD, and everyone else who has received an offer, not long now until allocation day :D
Southendmum

Post by Southendmum »

Congrats GuideaParkMum on getting a big envelope!!!

Bagpuss I am glad you are looking into the other options that may be available and hope things work out on the employment front. This forum really is a wealth of information and over the past couple of years I have read various other posts about organisations/charities that possibly help in situations like this. I really do hope you manage to sort something out!

Even though the 1st March is now fast approaching and I can't wait for it to get here...I am also dreading its arrival not only because it could bring bad news but because whilst it isn't here there is still hope...which is, i guess, what most of us are probably clinging to right now (trying not to sound too dramatic). The whole process really is enough to send you round the twist, and I have gone through it twice...haha...that explains a lot. :roll:

Have a great half term all.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now