Habs Girl Interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ramana

Habs Girl Interview

Post by Ramana »

My DD has an interview this Sat. Does she need to wear her school uniform? Please let us know if anyone had interview on Saturdays last year/this year?
Pushy Dad

Re: Habs Girl Interview

Post by Pushy Dad »

As long as she doesn't turn up looking like a Goth or wearing clothes that would be more appropriate for a 16 year old on a Friday night then I don't think what DD wears will have an impact one way or the other :)
pintux

Post by pintux »

When we went for the interview, most of the girls came in school uniform, while some (including us) had not. Dont think it really matters.
Ramana

Post by Ramana »

THANK YOU
worrier

Post by worrier »

Hi Ramana,
Just to confirm above. We had an interview last year on a Sat and DD didn't wear her uniform and lots of the other girls were not in uniform either. May be different on a week day.

DD was offered a place so don't think it really matters - as long as her clothes don't stand out as freaky as said in post above!

Good luck!
W
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

DD had an interview with Habs this morning. She did find it difficult to wake up early on a Saturday morning, and that too for an interview. Don't think it was one of her best days. :( Fingers crossed for the result!!
pabrighton0

Post by pabrighton0 »

ConcernedDad wrote:DD had an interview with Habs this morning. She did find it difficult to wake up early on a Saturday morning, and that too for an interview. Don't think it was one of her best days. :( Fingers crossed for the result!!
I know what you mean, DD was also not too keen! Miss Biddie O'Connor mentioned that they had more than 600 sitting the exams (including their juniors ~65?) and around 200 were called for interviews. She obviously could not mention more than they are aiming to have 120 accepting the offers. I guess it's a calculated gamble how many offers they will make - 160? :D

I also wonder if the interviews would be all for a similar level, or if they try to validate the level they expect the child to be at? :wink:
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

pabrighton0 wrote:
Miss Biddie O'Connor mentioned that they had more than 600 sitting the exams (including their juniors ~65?) and around 200 were called for interviews. She obviously could not mention more than they are aiming to have 120 accepting the offers. I guess it's a calculated gamble how many offers they will make - 160? :D
She told us as well that 600 sat for the exams, and about 40% were called for the interviews. It wasn't clear whether the juniors (65?) were required to sit for the interviews, or were they exempted considering that the school already knows almost everything about them?

Assuming they make 160 offers ..

If the juniors are included in the interviewee list, the odds of success are not that bad at 2:3. If the juniors are exempt, the odds of getting through the interview are rather low at 2:5 :(.
pabrighton0

Post by pabrighton0 »

I think in any case our DDs should be proud they made it this far!

I think I also read somewhere that their juniors do not sit the interviews. But certainly parents of siblings sitting the exams go through the whole process!

Anyway, I have this idea that they want to make sure all the children feel like they did very well in the "interviews". So maybe not all the "interviews" are from the same level?
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

I am definitely proud of her getting through this far.

I agree with you that Habs does make every child feel very comfortable at the interview stage. Distinctly better treatment than other schools I have seen.

Agree. They are also probably customizing the interviews to validate the child's level as indicated by the exam result. They said a few times at the interview that they are keen to figure out whether the child is over tutored or not.
Last edited by ConcernedDad on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.