putney high waiting list

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
monar

putney high waiting list

Post by monar »

can anyone help regarding waiting lists movement at putney high. dd put on waiting list. our first choice school so disappointed with the outcome :(
pebbles

Re: putney high waiting list

Post by pebbles »

Don't worry, there will be movement on the waiting list for Putney. I know several people with offers (us included), where Putney is a bit far and they would accept another school if they are offered it or who are holding out for St Pauls, G&L LEH etc.... It will be a long wait though as most schools don't declare until the 24th. Have you rung the school and asked her ranking on the wait list ? - it is worth telling the school that it is your first choice too. Good luck and don't despair- you have one foot in!
monar

Post by monar »

Thanks pebbles for ur message. Rung putney high but they don't disclose how many or where DD is on the list. Just have to wait.
MmeH

Post by MmeH »

Yes, Monar, you must hang in there as there is every chance your DD will end up with a place at Putney. My DD has also been offered a place there but this is our 2nd choice school, so we hope to not need it but we won't know for a while yet. Also, it seems Putney are taking 4 forms this year, so even more likely that the waiting list will move. Horrible agonising process but your DD has done v well and has a high chance of getting in. It seems odd they won't tell you where you are on the list though...! :?
IngaL

Post by IngaL »

I would suggest to send an e-mail to Admissions to enquire about the place on the waiting list. They may not be authorized to give it over the phone, however they should be able to give you an answer by e-mail or mail. That is how we've got our info from the other indie. They told us the scores and the place on the WL.
monar

Post by monar »

thanks will do.
Scoopy19

Post by Scoopy19 »

There will definitely be movement on the waiting list I am almost certain that your DD will get an offer. As with MmeH, my DD has an offer but it is really our 4th choice.

Good luck.
monar

Post by monar »

Thanks for all your positve advice. Fingers crossed
dukey66

Post by dukey66 »

I was in same position with WHS and someone here suggested calling them and letting them know it was our first choice and we were v keen etc. They called us first thing after the deadline to offer a place despite being told initially we were somewhere in middle of waiting list. It's def worth calling them and letting them.
Verytense

Post by Verytense »

At my daughter's school, six girls are holding offers for Putney at 11+ and it is only the top choice for two of them. I'm sure that there will be a lot of movement on the list once all the results are out.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now