24th February looming ahead

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ramana

Re: 24th February looming ahead

Post by Ramana »

Congratulations for all of you got offers..

Firts choice was HABS but now HBS..
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

Well we've had a mixed lot of results too. One offer, one scholarship and one waiting list. Unfortunately the waiting list is for our first choice school. Can anyone offer any thoughts on the chances of getting in from the waiting list? I'm feeling completely battered by the whole thing at the moment!

Oh yes, and congratulations to everyone - your DC have all done so well.
Stmichaelsfan

Post by Stmichaelsfan »

Congratulations to everyone! We didn't get a single email, but all the post arrived today thankfully. Didn't get Habs (DD cried :( )but we got St Helen's, St Alban's and Northwood. St Margaret's we heard from 2 weeks ago, she got an offer there as well. Glad this is nearly over, I am exhausted
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Is anyone else accepting St Helen's? Think we probably will if we don't get Watfore Grammar.
Stmichaelsfan

Post by Stmichaelsfan »

We will be accepting the St Helen's offer , DD preferred it to St Albans and Northwood, although it appears the St Albans is a bit more academical
PlutoMum

Post by PlutoMum »

Congratulations to everyone on their offers.

My DS got offers from St Albans and St Columba's (back up to our back up). Small envelope from Habs - we had decided against Habs anyway but still don't like small envelopes!

Now just hoping for QE next week. Feeler sicker by the day.
svg123

Post by svg123 »

PlutoMum - Congratulations to your DS. Any reason for not liking HABS?
Thanks
PlutoMum

Post by PlutoMum »

svg123 - it's not that we didn't like Habs. It was just a gut feel thing - preferred the feel of St Albans

DH liked Habs more than me. I always preferred St Albans. So saves that argument anyway!
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Congratulations to Humbug, BarnetDad, Mark Thyme, Vivienphung, CPM1771, tancred, 2GirlsDad, maddad, WFG, Ramana, Middlessexmum, Pluto Mum, svg123, Stmichaelsfan, ok1, isx99, questions and everyone else who got offers today for their DCs! Hope your DC will enjoy his / her time at their chosen school.
11+jamboree

Post by 11+jamboree »

Got offers from NLCS, HABS, St Helens. Absolutely over the moon! Now the wait for HBS.

I'm really proud of DD. She has done her bit! While the pressure of the indies results is over, am beginning to feel the pressure/guilt of fulfilling my side of the bargain i.e. finance the education and not having to force a decision on DD. Given the huge outlay over 7 years, its difficult as a parent to not think about it. DD is very understanding and already knows about the financial implications but....... :?

Any ideas on how to tackle such a situation? Does anyone know if indies can review/change the scholarship if someone that has been offered a scholarship decides not to take the place? Do they then give that to someone lower in the list?