Forest, Chigwell, Bancrofts

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jollygood

Re: Forest, Chigwell, Bancrofts

Post by Jollygood »

Oh my goodness what a haul CPM you must be so proud! Very well done to your DC.
Any front-runners? As you say, all lovely schools.

Jollygood
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

The chances of a sensible discussion at this stage are about nil. DS is pleased as punch - and should be. Will see them all again and he can decide. Still waiting on City next week, but just so delighted.

What about you - leaning to Forest or Chigwell ?
Jollygood

Post by Jollygood »

Understood. Bet you're glad your DS has some good results already in the bag before next week's City results, eh?

Amongst others, we have a choice between Forest and Bancrofts (both of which are the front runners). We like them in equal measures for varying reasons. Think we'll also go back to tour the schools, have a chat with DS's current school, chat with our DS and then see after that. Mar 1st might skew things a little too....

Do you think either school might offer up (if asked) preceisely how well they did? Don't want DS to struggle keeping up too much.

Jollygood
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

Sorry about my mix up with your schools, too much excitement - If he's in at both Forest and Bancrofts he is highly unlikely to struggle at either. Bancrofts definitely take academics very seriously and push, so depends what he needs. I get the feeling that Forest are more keen on them enjoying themselves too, although no doubt the schools themselves disagree with my oversimplistic analysis !
Jollygood

Post by Jollygood »

No worries CPM. I would be in a state of shock if I were in your position :-)

Your analysis of B & F was pretty much mine too (oversimplistic or otherwise!). So I really do need to do the things I say I'm going to do to make sure I don't place DS somewhere he's not going to be happy.

Thanks for your help and fingers-crossed for next week too.

Jollygood
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

Wow CPM - what a haul of offers. Well done to your DS. You must be ecstatic. Choices, choices, choices!!

DD only applied for Forest and Bancroft and was offered the 50% scholarship at Forest and a place at Bancroft. She also took a couple of the grammar schools tests but we promised her if she managed to get a 50% scholarship offer, then we would automatically accept it. Hence, it is a no brainer for us and she will be off to Forest. Decision made! She's really excited as she liked their approach to everything and all in all, I think it is actually a good fit for her - although she loved the donuts at Bancroft!! Good luck making the decisions CPM and Jollygood.

Good luck to all those whose DCs are still waiting for letters. My heart goes out to those that have not received an offer.

Boo
vivienphung

Post by vivienphung »

Hi

We just got back from Middlesex and found 2 big envelopes on our doorstep. DS got an offer from Chigwell and a 50% scholarship from Bancroft.

Congratulations to those who have received offers.
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

That's just so brilliant Becky Boo - they may end up in the same place. He seems to be leaning to Forest at the moment. We had told him that provided he worked hard he could choose regardless - so we will stick by that. Can't believe I'm saying that. Anyway will keep you posted.
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

Hi CPM

Do let us know what DS decides. If he does decide on Forest - we'll see you at the Welcome morning!!! DD absolutely loved Forest and I really liked the school's approach to the whole entrance process. The teachers/staff/students bent over backwards, every single time, to make you feel welcome or to help in anyway possible - nothing was too much trouble!

Good luck with the decision.

Cheers
Boo
sillymum

Post by sillymum »

How lovely to read such an uplifting thread :) :) :)

Well done to all your amazing DC's...they've done you proud!! From a Hertfordshire mum x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now