HABS / MTS /CLSB results tomorrow

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lara228

Re: HABS / MTS /CLSB results tomorrow

Post by lara228 »

DS sat for Habs and MTS and got offers from both so very very happy in this family - now have to weigh up the pros and cons (mainly pros and even more pros) of each school and make final decision!!

DS came home thrilled - and with nits for the first time ever!! Oh well, back to reality.

Well done to all who worked hard and got the results they deserved.
BarnetDad

Post by BarnetDad »

Cool...
Not a done deal here, but a strong contender (maybe they need to ply me with more home-made biscuits). If DAO say yes (or even "Maybe"), there'll be a tricky decision.
DW's view of what's best seems to change from week to week (and yet seems surprisingly definitive at the same time).
tubby

Post by tubby »

Congrats everyone :)
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

DS has been accepted to St Alban's. I'm absolutely delighted for him and so delighted we chose this school to apply to as, given the time and circumstances, we could only opt to apply to one school. I knew I'd made the right choice, they have seen beyond his gaps in certain areas and are willing to work with us over the next six months so he can hit the ground running at St Alban's. I can't ask for much more in terms of pastoral care! :D

I've just got in and want to wish my congratulations to every one who has had success today and much luck for those on the waiting lists. Hopefully good news will come to those waiting when March 1/2nd results come in.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Well done WFG ds. St Albans is our nearest boy indy and we know lots of boys there who are all doing really well. Lara228 great news about your ds , how on earth will you choose between two such excellent schools? Are you waiting for any states or are you down to your final two? DG
svg123

Post by svg123 »

lara228 wrote:DS sat for Habs and MTS and got offers from both so very very happy in this family - now have to weigh up the pros and cons (mainly pros and even more pros) of each school and make final decision!!

DS came home thrilled - and with nits for the first time ever!! Oh well, back to reality.

Well done to all who worked hard and got the results they deserved.
We got the same dilemma. Not sure how to compare them.
Possibly a re-visit to these schools should help.
lara228

Post by lara228 »

Not waiting for State results as didn't get through to 2nd round of QEB and MHCHS was only a fallback.

Choice between Habs and MTS may end up on basis of ease of journey. I intend to move further out of Nth London but in meantime Habs is easier to get to - more choice of coaches etc and MTS coach leaves very early.
maddad

Post by maddad »

DS got offers from Habs & MTS + scholarship from St Albans. He is ecstatic (and we're pretty happy :))

We're tending towards either Habs or St Albans (MTS is my favourite school, but the coaches are a lot earlier and there isn't a walkable stop near where we live). We're still waiting for Parmiter's, but I'm not sure how that result will affect our decision.

Congratulations to everyone who got good news (especially WFG - it was hard to miss the rollercoaster story!) and best of luck to those who are still waiting for good news.
BarnetDad

Post by BarnetDad »

Looks like pretty successful applications all round from DD2's peers. In terms of the "top 6", I think all of them got offers from all their independent schools (NLCS, Habs, City, SPGS, St Albans) except one who missed out on NLCS (but didn't want to go there anyway). I'm sure the head will be pleased. I've only heard of one scholarship, though....

So there are going to be a lot of places rejected - good news for anyone on a waiting list.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Congrats to everyone who has what they hoped for, commiserations to those not so lucky. It's not always the end of the world, honestly I know :D

WFG - way to go, well done. I have spent ages trawling to find out if you were happy tronight, gald you have the result you were hoping for :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now