Francis Holland Regents Pk or St James??

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tancred

Francis Holland Regents Pk or St James??

Post by tancred »

Hi everyone - congratulations on all the offers I read about on these posts. We have had an offer at Francis Holland Regents Park and also at St James. Does anyone have any advice on the relative merits of the two? They both seem to be very friendly, happy smallish schools.
mad?

Re: Francis Holland Regents Pk or St James??

Post by mad? »

Hi Tancred and congratulations. My DD are not at Francis Holland so no personal experience here but I do not think there is a great deal to choose between them apart from location. My advice would be to think about the journey, not just in distance terms but also in complexity: tube changes etc. Which is easier/safer? Also, which is more convenient for you, there will be events to attend at either an the last thing you want is a schlep across London! Good luck :D
mad?
scooby2

Re: Francis Holland Regents Pk or St James??

Post by scooby2 »

We really liked St James and know quite a few girls who have now left. They are considerate, thoughtful and confident without being 'in your face'. If you look at where their leavers actually go, it is quite impressive, in 2010 4/20 went to medical school. My friends whose daughters have been through the school have been very happy with their experience.

As the previous poster said, think location is far more important than you initially realise for senior school, the girls are busy and have a lot of homework, much easier to start prep after a match if you have only had a 20/30 minute commute. Also there are parents' evenings, concerts, plays, play rehearsals, drop offs for matches on Saturday mornings etc.

Good luck making your choice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now