No news here. To be honest, I'm not feeling very optimistic as I don't think the timing is going to work out. We can't afford to lose the (huge) deposit on the 2nd choice school, and they need their answer before much is likely to have changed on the waiting list. Unless a miracle happens. 2nd choice school is nice, and I'm sure she'll do well there - it's just a bit depressing.
It's not a miracle. Your DD did get what she deserves! Hearty congratulations! DW and me are so happy for you!
Your first choice is an awesome school. DW and me were discussing hardly an hour ago that this school will be so good for DD2. That is 4 years away. So, I can take a breather for a while Congrats again!