North London Consortium Group 1

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DobbysSock

North London Consortium Group 1

Post by DobbysSock »

Hello,

My DD is taking the exam tomorrow at SAHS and we are both VERY nervous! I hope it goes well for her otherwise she'll be off to the local school which isn't very good. Is anybody else sitting the exam tomorrow (not necessarily at SAHS) How are you all feeling about it?
Middlesexmum

Re: North London Consortium Group 1

Post by Middlesexmum »

Hi, my dd is sitting at St Helen's tomorrow (1st choice) - we have also applied for St Albans.

We've had a disappointment today - found out she hasn't got an interview for Habs but haven't told her yet.

Hopefully St Helen's will be easier!
DobbysSock

Post by DobbysSock »

Middlesexmum I'm sorry to hear about Habs :(
I'm sure she'll do just fine tomorrow though. Is this your final exam? It's ours and I am utterly relieved that I never have to go through this again!
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Yup, last exam tomorrow.

Which schools are you applying for and where's your first choice?
Ramana

Post by Ramana »

Middlesexmum Sorry to hear Habs..
Goodluck for St Helen's...

My DD is taking St Helen's exam today...
DobbysSock

Post by DobbysSock »

SAHS is our first choice and to be honest with you, it's really our last hope. DD didn't get into Latymer or HBS and this is the last selective school that we've applied for. Hopefully it will go in her favour.
DobbysSock

Post by DobbysSock »

Thank goodness the exam process is over!Now we play the waiting game.

DD came out of the exam fairly happy. The general consensus was that the Maths was much easier than the English, I'm not too sure about the Verbal.

Does anybody know when we'll hear from them?
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

My dd came out happy too thank goodness! She was in tears after Habs.

She said the English was very good, the Maths was 'ok' and the online VR ok but hard (but I think they all found it hard listening to the general discussion). She ran out of time and didn't quite finish her story - does that matter do you think?

They start interviewing on Monday (!) so we could hear any time.

I made a last-minute panic application to Heathfield this morning (also Group 1). For the sake of £60 it's nice to have a few options.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

That was very wise Middlesex mum to increase your options. Haileybury has not had its exams yet if that might be a consideration, great school for sport and music, my younger dd absolutely loved it, had to be prised away! Glad to hear that today went well for your dd's. My dds sat last year and the year before. The online VR is new, did they have the ability to go back to questions or would the screen only go forward. Odd that St Pauls and City have abandoned their online VR and NVR this year but Group One have introduced it.

As you probably know STAHS do group interviews to indentify team players. If you get to interview and sat at another school and did not do VR you come early and sit it on the day of the interview. Its a lovely school, I know three girls desperate to get in so I had my fingers crossed for them today. DG
BarnetDad

Post by BarnetDad »

A bit late, but DD was there today. Last exam - whe-hey!

I was told that there would be traffic chaos, so parked a 3 minute walk away. A pleasant walk, but totally pointless - the road was completely free of cars....

DD seemed reasonably happy, but she's pretty inscrutable on these things. Doesn't even seem to be so relieved that the exams are over (I think she quite enjoyed them - mad thing that she is)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now