Where do I find SAT scores for independent junior schools

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rana

Where do I find SAT scores for independent junior schools

Post by Rana »

Hi

Can anyone please advise of a weblink to enable me to locate SAT scores for named independent junior schools?
KES parent

Sats results

Post by KES parent »

You might not be able to find them, as they are under no obligation to publish them even if the children take them. Individual schools would almost certainly give them to you if you ask, but a lot of preparatory schools simply don't do them as the preparation for them wastes a lot of time that fee-paying parents expect to be spent on more worthwhile things than teaching to a rather discredited test. If a school does take them but won't reveal the results, I think this would tell you all you needed to know. In the same way most selective independent secondary schools would not bother with the Key Stage 3 tests.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Rana

The majority of Indepenent Primary schools do not take SATs

Ken
Rana

SAT Results

Post by Rana »

Hi KenR

Always like to hear your thoughts. A lot of the Junior Prep Schools state they have achieved Level 5 sores in Eng, Maths and Science. I just wanted to located this info for 2006. I know the Sunday Times has info for 2005, 2004 and 2003 - I just wanted 2006 info.

If anyone can point me in the right directon, it will be much appreciated.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Here is a link to the KS2 results - not sure if that includes private schools -

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/performancetables/
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Rana

If you are talking to an independent school it might be easier to ask exactly what tests they do, and how you can compare their performance against national levels.

Private schools do differ immensely in the tests they conduct. In Bucks, where private schools feed very many pupils into the state sector they are virtually compelled to conduct SATs tests, as they are a local "standard". Predicted SATs results are very important in judging a predicted 11+ result, or in determining an 11+ appeal.

Whatever the local system, the school must be using respected tests that will be recognised by other, quality senior schools - state and private.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now