Exam dates clash!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Catharine

Exam dates clash!

Post by Catharine »

My son is taking the 10+ exam at Kings College School, and if he passes will be moved there a year early - ie rather than reamining athis current chool and taking 11+ entry. We were also intending him to take the Hampton 10+ exam ( for entry at 11+).
The exams are on the same day! :(
doea anyone have any experience of this, and is it possible to persuade a school to allow a child in this position to take the exam on a different day....?
guest7

Post by guest7 »

I think you will have to get in touch with the schools. I don't have any personal experience of the School you mentioned but I know that for example Merchant Taylors' 13+ have their exams over three days and that one of those days often clashes with Berkhamsted's. Recently MTs have allowed the boys who double entered to go to Berkhamsted and come back the following week to take the exams they missed.

I believe that it sometimes it's the Head of your Prep School and sometimes the parent who puts in the request. Surely this date clash must happen a lot. The question is whether the Schools do it deliberately to stop people from applying to a rival institution. The answer may lie in how accommodating they are to your plea!

You can only try - Good Luck!
Catharine

Post by Catharine »

Guest 7, thank you yes I am steeling myself. I have asked around other parents and it seem unlikely it is deliberate, as it almost all prep school children takin the KCS, and state taking the hampton 10+.
Whee schools are actively competeing , like Colet court and Westminster, they seem to specifically avoid a clash so that children ca take oth.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now