DD is rather shy about taking about the tests. And it was almost an year ago.
Here is what we gathered after a bit of probing (especially by DW
). All errors are mine!
- Computer Test has questions on both Maths and English.
- Test is for 1 hour.
- All are multiple choice / multiple choice type of questions i.e. she didn't have to type any answer.
- It is MS Windows based system (so, if your DD has been using only Apple OS, you may want to give her some practise on Windows)
- She found Maths easy. And English paper to be slightly difficult.
- There are comprehension questions. One type involved a long passage and a choice of answers. you will have to drag and drop the answer phrases to appropriate places in the reading passage.
- There are no synonyms / antonyms type of questions. But, some questions involved answering meanings of certain words.
- All questions are timed (anecdotally, the time taken for completing the answers is also a parameter - we don't know for sure of course). She also said you can go back to review the already answered questions. Don't know how that works!
- In addition to being used for initial screening, computer test score also has some weightage in the final decision process (of course, no idea about the weightage)
Hope it is of some use. All the best to you and your DD!