Consortium Group 2 - Girls Schools in London

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Consortium Group 2 - Girls Schools in London

Post by Guest »

We're entering our daughter for the consortium group 2 exam in January 2008 and will probably register her for possible entry to City of London Girls, Channing and North London Collegiate. Channing is the most convenient place for her to take the exam but I hear whispers that where you take the exam is considered your first choice and that North London Collegiate won't consider you unless you sit there and CLGS unless you take the test at City. Is this true? We don't actually have a strong preference at the moment but the registration form for NLC asks where you intend to take the test so we have to make a commitment soon.

Any advice from those in the know very welcome.
guest27

Post by guest27 »

My daughter took the exam at City in 2006 because it was the most convenient place for us, but was offered a place (a scholarship, in fact) at Channing as well, so clearly Channing are not bothered where you sit the test. Don't know how other schools view it, but I imagine they're after getting the brightest girls they can, so can't see how it would be in their interests to be sniffy about where people chose to sit the test.
ik

Post by ik »

mY daughter is going to the collegiate. I know 2 girls who are going too. One took her exams at Goldolphin and the other at Channing. They got offers from all their schools.

Post by Guest »

Thanks. This is very helpful - and reassuring!

Post by Guest »

ik
Congratulations to your daughter. Do you mind me asking what preparation you did (did you mainly use Bond?) and what kind of marks your daughter was getting prior to taking the consortium test?

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

She is very good at Maths. Her English was a bit dire. I used question papers from habs boys web site, city school for boys, christ church hospital school. Look at this book, 11plus English parent tool kit.

Post by Guest »

Her maths marks were in the 90s, english 80-90. The english was marked by me, so I dont know if it was accurate.