Schools

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mother Verdent

Schools

Post by Mother Verdent »

I hope this is not inappropriate. We will soon be moving to Bucks and are looking for schools for our children Yr 7 and 8. I have just had a look at three schools; Akeley Wood, Winchester House and Beachborough. Our children currently attend state schools but we want to move them to independent school upon our move. Any experience of these schools or indeed of the whole sector. Will it be wise to send them to prep schools if they are going to be there for only on year? Please let us know what you think. It will help to hear from anyone with experience of these schools. Please forgive me if this post is inappropariate in any way!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mother Verdent

I think you're on the right side of the law, but I do suggest that you register as a Member - you may get pithier opinions via Private Message!

If you are planning to keep your children in the private sector, then a year at a prep school would be ideal, as it will do exactly what it says on the tin - prepare them for an independent senior school. The state and private sectors are very different, and a year at the top of prep school will reduce the shock when they go into a senior school.

Unfortunately I don't know any of the schools you mention - Bucks is a big place!

Good luck
Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Mother Verdant if you register and PM me I can share some knowledge [mostly second hand] of these schools.
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Ditto the above, have had to do some homework on same subject recently.

Regards
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now