Think its time for an interviews post!!!!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
loveyouradvice

Think its time for an interviews post!!!!

Post by loveyouradvice »

Hi ... I'm guessing we're all going to be getting those letters/emails in the next few days.... so look forward to hearing surprises, disappointments - and experiences!!!

Good luck to all! Hope your favourite schools come through....
W14mum

Re: Think its time for an interviews post!!!!

Post by W14mum »

Right... yes the next stage starts now :?: , I recall one of the schools writing that we shall be getting emails this Friday - good luck to all, hope they are happy emails /letters 8)
BusyQueenBee

Post by BusyQueenBee »

We've had invitations to three interviews so far! One is done, two to go. Plus a few music auditions. I have told DS he should already be so happy and proud, whatever the outcome to all this is...
vnmomma

Post by vnmomma »

w14 mum, which school is that? We didn't get an email. Anyone's DD taking the North London Consortium 1 exam on Friday?
W14mum

Post by W14mum »

CoL girls. We have had two invites from schools that interview all (I think), one of which took place before the exams.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

We've not had a thing. Interviews are part of the exam process for two out of three of the schools we are trying for, but nothing from Hampton so far. And no recall to RGS. (Which may be a good thing.)
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Hi vnmomma, yes my dd is doing consortium 1 on Friday. Shhs head has resigned, received a letter about it today which passed on the sobering news that they have record number of applicants. Very comforting! I wonder if this is true across all consortium schools? Anyone heard anything?
W14mum - dd applied to city too, quite a good idea to say when they will be emailing about interviews, at least they won't be inundated with anxious parents ringing up!
tw9mum

Post by tw9mum »

LEH emailed yesterday re DD music scholarship interview and got a letter this morning about the normal interview. Exam was only last Wednesday so hadn't expected to hear so soon!
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

Re SHHS ... not sure how valid but very plugged in friend says that lot of relief that she is leaving - have lost a lot of teachers recently, etc... so seen as a positive!
vnmomma

Post by vnmomma »

loveyouradvice, interesting. Any colours on why the HM has been viewed negatively? We went to the Open House and were pretty impressed by her. She has been there for 8 years so I thought that would have been a good sign, no? Thanks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now