SHHS interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nonethewiser

SHHS interview

Post by nonethewiser »

Hi everyone, we've got a telephone call (went to voicemail since I was at work) for DD to attend an interview this Friday. Is it always short notice like this? Any SHHS parents here can give any tips for the interview?
vnmomma

Re: SHHS interview

Post by vnmomma »

When are the letters supposed to go out? We were never told but assuming the exams were taken on Friday the 18th, it seems a little bit early for results, no?

From experience, notifications usually go out at least a week after the exam. We haven't heard anything and I even went to check the answering machine just in case. Lol.
elevenPlusMummy

Post by elevenPlusMummy »

Got a call as well yesterday for interview on Friday. Letters should be in post today. Does anybody know what kind of questions to expect? It is a 15 min interview.
nonethewiser

Post by nonethewiser »

Thank you all. Waiting for the post and luckily, could arrange things round for tomorrow. Not sure about interview content but 15 minutes sounds more like a "get to know you" interview rather than any mental maths.
NorthLondonMum

Post by NorthLondonMum »

Nothing in the post for us. :(

My stress levels are rising, wish they would contact everyone at the same time.
nonethewiser

Post by nonethewiser »

Oh honey :( Big hug!
It is stressful! I think they are contacting in dribs and drabs and possibly only a few are contacted for this Friday's slot. Hang in there! They must have other slots for next week and working through the list
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Still waiting here but surely they can't do all their interviews on one day? The rest of us should hear one way or the other by Monday, I hope. :wink:
Last edited by fairyelephant on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

Just rationalising here... both SHHS and Habs have probably contacted parents by phone if their DDs have slots this week. My feeling is that we'll hear tomorrow or Saturday.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Yes, that must be right. Fingers crossed, I really liked shhs at open day. Hard for dds to get a feel for as not in the proper building however.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

:( I'm losing hope on this one. All the other girls I know that sat have been interviewed today. We have heard nothing. For the other schools my dd has been given interview slots on the same day as others from her school. I think therefore this one might be a no. The other thought running through my head is that they have interviewed the highest scorers today, and if they are unsure about any, they might go further down the list. Am I overthinking this??
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now