Claremont Fan Court & Radnor House

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
expatmum

Claremont Fan Court & Radnor House

Post by expatmum »

Does anyone have any info to offer on either of the above schools? I already know that CFC isn't viewed as particularly academic but I have heard great things about its pastoral care etc. We aren't in the UK so most of my school research has been done online. So would really appreciate insider info.
sgsgirl

Re: Claremont Fan Court & Radnor House

Post by sgsgirl »

Hi expatmum.
If you don't mind can I PM you? Thank you.
expatmum

Post by expatmum »

Of course you can pm me.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

I live very near Claremont. Its grounds are unbeatable - rolling green lawns and mature trees, with a pretty mansion house where the school is based. Loads of open space.

I know they use computers a lot. It is owned by Christian Scientists but that's not overt in the day to day running of the school. The only teacher I know from the school is a CS herself, and a calmer, more trustworthy woman you couldn't hope to meet. The children I know who go there now seem very happy and secure and are lovely, sociable people.
expatmum

Post by expatmum »

Thanks for the PMs and thanks also menagerie. We had a Skype interview today which was a funny thing to be eavesdropping on - felt like I wanted to pass him notes or put post its all over the monitor some wouldn't forget stuff - he was fine and although nervous beforehand was very talkative.
Long wait to Feb offers now.......
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now