St Pauls interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: St Pauls interviews

Post by tiffinboys »

smartme wrote: my DD was not coached at all for any test for SPGS and any interview for any school! Yes zero coaching...
So a really bright girl is coming to TGS. All the best, smartme and to your DD.
Take notice SPGS, it's your loss.
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

Let me get this right...
You are complaining because your DD beat out 1,000 girls to get a free education at one of the best grammar schools in the country?
First world problem.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Actually, 2000+ registered to take the test. :wink:
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

2,000! Just hope the attitude that your DD was robbed and had to take 2nd best isn't getting to her. 2,000! That means that there are, what?, 1,900 sets of parents who'd scratch your eyes out for that place.
My face hurt by the end of the 11+ nightmare from loving every single school DD sat for. Even the ones we hated!
No school is the end all and be all. I know a few who hated SPGS (and many others) and moved.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Gaining an offer to study at Tiffin Girls is a great achievement in itself and perhaps, smartme's DD has won (or is eligible for) offers from few other schools as well.

Celebration time. :D :D :D

Enjoy the moment and I hope our children will go with a positive outlook to whichever school they are joining soon. It's only what they do there, will count.
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

After receiving all the three 11+ results of my DD, I am very confident to say that DD's SPGS scores would be in the top 20-30 at the very least let alone the top 110 that were offered a place! We knew someone who are currently at SPGS but was not even offered a place at HBS two years ago.
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

DD can have the personality of a houseplant and get a place at HB or TGS. It is done on test score alone. DD can get 100% on the SPGS exam but if the teacher who interviews her shudders at the thought of teaching her, she won't get in. If SPGS (or the others of it's ilk) think that the parents will be nightmares, she won't get in. That is the simple truth. Count your blessings and move on.
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

DD certainly hasn't got a personality of a houseplant. I just want to make a point that it was not by luck that DD was doing well for her 11+ at state schools and didn't even make the cut at SPGS as suggested earlier in this thread. Whether or not SPGS would be the right school is no longer an important issue. SPGS might be the top ranked school in the country doesn't mean that all their students are top girls, great proportion are but certainly not all of them. No doubt this will also be the same for top state schools.
Last edited by tabasco on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

tabasco, you might want to reread your post.
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

shootmenow wrote:tabasco, you might want to reread your post.
Thanks shootmenow! I was not concentrating just now.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now