St Pauls interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vnmomma

Re: St Pauls interviews

Post by vnmomma »

tw9mum wrote:A mum I met today with a daughter there in year 7 said that about 800 - 900 sat the computer test last year, with 400 going through to the exam and then 200 interviewed.
tw9mum, this is a whole different statistic than offered above, basically doubled! How many spaces were there available last year? Are you saying that if one gets an interview, there is roughly 2:1 chances of getting an offer assuming 100 places available?
tw9mum

Post by tw9mum »

According to this mum...but it doesn't mean the info is correct - it's hard to know who or what to believe, apart from the school itself. I'll ask when DD in interview on Monday!
kymry

Post by kymry »

Let me know what you find out and I'll ask the same on Tuesday when my DD has her interview.

kymry
tw9mum

Post by tw9mum »

I have an update on figures from a reliable source but it's only for the 2011 intake. That year, 900 sat, 800 went through to the exam stage, 400 were interviewed. 10 girls were wait listed but no places came up until towards the end of the autumn term for a girl at Godolphin (and SPGS asked them to pay that term's fees!)
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

I think probably 80% of the candidates will get through the computer test! It all depends on how the school is asscessing their applicants. Aggregate of all the test results? School report? Interview? Are the candidate a potential Music Scholar? etc. Which of these components are more important only the school will know. For a school like SPGS it is probably pointless to interview more than 250 candidates for the 100-110 places unless the calibre of the candidates are very very close for a particular cohort.

Good Luck to everyone who has interview in the coming week. :D
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

Oschi wrote:DD got through to interview too. But late on a Friday, so not the best time according to above mentioned article. But very happy she had a positive response. :D
We got interview on 01/02/2013 as well. Don't worry most people are happy and in a good mood on a Friday because it is the last working day of the week ( I think this include teachers???). So I am optimistic, compare to Monday???? Monday Blue???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
conners

Post by conners »

DD has her interview on Friday. Does the head teacher interview everyone personally ?
tw9mum

Post by tw9mum »

We had the assistant deputy head today.
conners

Post by conners »

I wish your daughter luck tw9mum. I hope it wasn't stressful in anyway.
tw9mum

Post by tw9mum »

Thanks conners, it seemed fairly straightforward ie nothing left of field, surprisingly!