King's College Wimbledon

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
oak

Re: King's College Wimbledon

Post by oak »

It is unclear as to when they will interview until. Why don't you ring and ask admissions I am sure they would be able to let you know the situation.
oak

Post by oak »

Plus 11 how did your Ds say the interview went. My Ds had the headmaster who fired maths questions at him!
junonia

Post by junonia »

Thank you Oak. I followed your advice and called the school - they are still putting calls out to children for interview over the next few days, so there is still a chance.
oak

Post by oak »

That's great. Good luck fingers crossed.
oak

Post by oak »

Btw was that for 10+ or 11+? My ds sat 11+
junonia

Post by junonia »

11+
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

Hiya Oak,
Mine was as secretive as ever. Said he had a comprehension task and a chat. Wouldn't rule out maths either but he never mentioned. Got interviewed by the deputy head though. Maybe different styles or perhaps whatever was the weaker of the subjects?
Will ask about the maths when he's back home.
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

Does anyone know if any of the academic scholarship interviews have taken place yet? Might be a bit ambitious here but one never knows....
oak

Post by oak »

Haven't heard anyone has a scholarship interview yet...we are just hoping for a place! Do you know when they do them or how many they do?
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

Now, had a chat with my ds and he could recall no maths questions. However considering the interview was last week and he often doesn't remember what happened 10min ago, wouldn't be too sure.
Re scholarship interviews, have no info really. It was suggested that an early interview could indicate that ds stands a chance but nothing solid at all. I think it should happen this week if anything... the wait is just nerve wrecking... stress-eating on the couch, will have grown roots and doubled my bodyweight by the time the letters arrive!