11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nlcslover

Re: King's College Wimbledon

Post by nlcslover »

8) :lol:
oak

Post by oak »

Who suggested that an early interview could mean a scholarship interview? I haven't seen that anywhere...also what is early?? Early morning or Thursday? Too many questions and no answers!!
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

Pm-d u, oak.. hope u don't mind
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

Ok, didn't wanna hassle them myself, so made my DH call them. :) They said that no definitive lists put together yet and people may still be receiving calls...
oak

Post by oak »

DH can be useful! Fingers crossed for ds. All seems unclear, results are posted on the 14th right?
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

Yes, in 11+ prep they have limited but invaluable responsibilities to carry out: call schools when we don't dare to and rub our feet and listen to us obsess for hours about school x and school y:))) I think he's learnt to sleep with his eyes open...
Re offers, yes, I think 14 th is the day. Will be manically driving around the area 15th morning, trying to track down the postmen:) and then obsessing about the results for the rest of the w/e on the forums...
Saltlake

Post by Saltlake »

Hi, I've been lurking for a bit but feel the need to join in with all your "what does it all mean" questions as we head into the final stretch?!

My ds was interviewed on Monday and it seemed to go ok, just a nice chat with the usual questions. He also had to read a poem and answer a few questions about it. So, can I infer anything at all from that??

Am v confused as to what they would have gleaned from the interview which might make them think, yes or no. Definitely don't think he is a scholarship type so am assuming his exam was good but they need persuading he is a 'KCS boy' and am struggling to work out what in his interview could have tipped them either way.

Arrghhh!!! Thought I was staying reasonably sane but perhaps not!
oak

Post by oak »

My son had to read a poem as well. I think each interviewer has their own styles. I am more concerned with my interview. I had to go in after my son and had not prepared for that!
Saltlake

Post by Saltlake »

I know what you mean, that took me by surprise too!! Actually in the end it was fine, basically me asking questions rather than the other way around. What does that mean though????

Am I over thinking it all by any chance? :D
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

We got good news today! Very happy:) anyone else?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now