Valued openion from all parents of private school please

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
loveyouradvice

Re: Valued openion from all parents of private school please

Post by loveyouradvice »

I'd talk to the school and ask them what it means - they obviously want your daughter! So ask as many nosy questions as you want to help you make up your mind....
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

It really is just a token amount as a well done to the DD - the 'scholars' are publicised and get a certificate presented on speech day, plus 10% off for the 5 years is better than nothing.
omismum

Post by omismum »

lefol wrote:
Well done to our dd for getting a scholarship. Schools tend to offer a small number of scholarships to kids who do well in the exam and interview . They are not offered to all children. If it is a school that you really want , 10% off the fees may make a small difference which you might appreciate given the cost of school fees these days . It will also help to boost your dd's confidence that she did well enough to have been offered a scholarship .
Yes lefol..You are right its a great confidance booster.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Yes, I agree. They certainly don't offer scholarships to everyone. My son is up for a scholarship at a school that several of his friends didn't even get a place at, and others were offered a place but no scholarship.

But I was a bit concerned by your comment that you wouldn't choose that school for your DD without the scholarship. Why not? If you have doubts about it, saving a few thousand over seven years could be a false economy. How does she feel about the school?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now