St Albans high school letter

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Greenleaf

St Albans high school letter

Post by Greenleaf »

Hi my daughter was invited to a "scholarship interview" - can anyone tell me if all letters had this phrase, or if it means she may be in line for a scholarship?

Also any idea how many children get through to interview, for how many places?

I could ask the school but thought this a more discreet way!
Daogroupie

Re: St Albans high school letter

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello, Well done to your dd. My dd was invited to the Scholarship tests. This letter goes to the top twenty ranked girls in the exams so your dd has done very well. When my dd did the tests they consisted of a NVR paper and a harder VR paper. As there are fifty plus places up for grabs this means that you automatically have a place and they are offering further tests to see if your dd qualifies for an academic scholarship. Fantastic news, is it your first choice? DG
Greenleaf

Post by Greenleaf »

Thank you dg and s who sent me a message. Ooer - it's the only selective we applied to as others long way away. We should get Beaumont place so will have to think can we really afford hs. had look at bursary/scholarship info on hs page and doubt we qualify
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

So given that it is a done deal that you will get offered a High School place as you are already in the top twenty and there are ninety odd places, how will you decide between them and Beaumont? What is your decision critieria? DG
Greenleaf

Post by Greenleaf »

Cost! I've sent dg a Pm
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now