North London Consortium Schools 2013 Results

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jean.Brodie

Re: North London Consortium Schools 2013 Results

Post by Jean.Brodie »

Hi all! Some recollections about our own past experience:

In 2010, we had applied to NLCS and Channing in the Consortium. We received their offers by the Saturday lunchtime and then had until Friday midday to accept or decline. However, we received the grammar offers only the Tuesday afternoon after the indies. We actually went to the NLCS offer afternoon without knowing the grammar decision, which we eventually saw on that Tuesday afternoon. We went to see Henrietta Barnett again later that week. We could not have made a decision much before the NLCS deadline of Friday midday.

I hope this helps a bit, especially to those hoping for good news from Waiting Lists. Rest assured that a lot will happen after the first week, especially once there is a bit of movement. Also, although I know it's hard, please try to ignore nearly everything you hear. Most of this is likely to be pure speculation or unfounded rumour.

Well done to all with offers. Good luck to all those waiting for better news.
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Well done to everyone with offers.

It is not easy at times to decide on which school to join. It will however will help a lot, if you can decide quickly, and release the places you are not interested in.
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

Well said ConcernedDad!
I put 2 places back in play within minutes of DD opening her NLCS offer. I know lots of people are going for 2nd looks at schools they've been offered but it is so important to think about girls who are in limbo. The schools all over-offer to some degree but, the faster parents make up their minds the better.
You and your DD probably have a gut feeling about which school feels right. Think about who your DD will be and not just who she is now. Will she outgrow a small school? Does she feel most confident at the top of the class or is that demotivating? Is she happiest as the grayhound chasing but never catching the mechanical rabbit (i.e.My DD likes to be in the middle pack and work her socks off)? Can your DD get to school on her own in a reasonable amount of time?
This is a BIG decision but I suspect most parents know deep down what they will choose.
Get on with it!!!!!
Biya

Post by Biya »

We chose not to go CLSG and let them know so one more lucky letter coming up :)
A passionate educator is like a candle, she/he burns to give light & warmth to kids... all of them.
elevenPlusMummy

Post by elevenPlusMummy »

We have given up St helen's, SHHS, NHEHS 2 days ago so for those waiting, do not despair. My DD loved CLSG and though it is a travel, we have taken the decision.
kymry

Post by kymry »

We gave up DD's spots to NHEHS, G&L and St James yesterday. Good luck to those still waiting for that first choice!
nonethewiser

Post by nonethewiser »

We released SHHS and CLSG. :D
Clockwatch

Post by Clockwatch »

BfaceDad wrote:DD got offer at STAH and surprisingly on waiting list at St Helens. I was of the opinion that ST Albans is more academic hence St Helens should be easier. She prefers St Helens and told me she'll wait for her place at St Helens. I prefer St Albans, what do I do?
Any update on your DD's waiting list position at St Helens?
If it's good news and you got to choose, which of the Saints did you finally decide on in the end - St Albans or St Helens?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now