11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RAB321

HOW TO PAY FOR PRIVATE SCHOOLS?

Post by RAB321 »

Other than :
1. Paying the annual lump sum
2. school bursaries
3. schools optional monthly payments

Has anyone taken advantage of any other payment method or are you researching that at the moment?
Reading Mum

Re: HOW TO PAY FOR PRIVATE SCHOOLS?

Post by Reading Mum »

our indie is termly fees.

I have heard of paying the lot up front for some sort of discount but could never see the advantage in that as circumstances change.
lefol

Post by lefol »

For ds1 , fees can be paid in a lump sum with a discount. I think the discount is about 3% if you pay in advance . If you have loads of money stashed away for fees , stop reading now. If you don't , then it is a good idea to save and plan ahead for the fees so they do to come as a surprise . When I found out ds1 had been accepted in march , I opened a separate account and started saving from March to August . This meant I planned ahead and in August it was not a big shock . The first term fees are usually higher especially for year 7 as you have uniforms, insurance , PTA , school ta and all sorts , but after that , you just pay the fees and any extras . I usually budget separately for trips , concerts etc . My advice is to plan ahead . Some parents pay monthly, but prefer termly fees .
Son123

Post by Son123 »

Bancroft fees can be paid termly or monthly for 10 months , payments work out over 1300 hundred a month , I have a child there and they do not offer any sibling discount either , my son is starting in September too , it's such a commitment
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now