Advice on 11+ Lingfield Notre Dame entrance test

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Gentiene

Advice on 11+ Lingfield Notre Dame entrance test

Post by Gentiene »

Hi,
Can anyone offer any advice on what format the 11+ entrance exam takes at Lingfield ND? Does it follow the 11+ format with verbal/non verbal and maths, is it like the SATs or is it a more general test?
Any help would be gratefully received so we at least have something to focus on.

Really panicking now as DS2 is bright but not academic, and would drown horribly in a state class of 30, but being a boy and myself a poorly paid working single mum, the choices are really limited for us :-(

Thanks everyone
ToadMum

Re: Advice on 11+ Lingfield Notre Dame entrance test

Post by ToadMum »

This is part of the info in a really annoying pop-up on their website (but you may already have this much?):

What to Expect at the Entrance Examinations
Please detach and retain this section for future reference.
All this information is also available on our website http://www.lingfieldnd.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Entrance Examinations consist of three papers; Verbal Reasoning, Mathematics and English (standard comprehension and
creative writing). Please note that it not our policy to send out examples of past papers to assist in preparation. Verbal
Reasoning papers are available to download from the internet and are available from all good high street bookshops. If your
child has not seen a Verbal Reasoning paper before, we would recommend some practice ahead of the Examinations. The
core topics covered in the Mathematics papers are outlined below.
Mathematics 11+
• Four rules of Arithmetic applied to whole numbers; understanding of decimals and fractions; simple percentages; negative numbers in
context; types of number e.g. primes, multiples
• Basic graphs and pie charts and their interpretation
• Recognition of basic Geometric shapes; understanding of angles, symmetry; reflection
• Concept of perimeter, area and volume
• Basic problem-solving

There will be breaks between each paper and drinks and snacks will be provided. All students should come fully prepared with
pencils, pens, compass, ruler, eraser, all in good working order. Calculators will be needed for all candidates sitting
Examinations 13+ and above.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Gentiene

Post by Gentiene »

Brilliant thanks Toad Mum, no I hadn't seen this :oops: so thanks very much :)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You're welcome - having a nose around other people's school websites beats getting on with the ironing (although I did get up and do a bit of that this morning, honest :lol: ).

When I said "really annoying pop-up", though, I wasn't joking - either there is something the matter with my lap-top or with the school's site...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now