Views on Aldenham?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CoolMum5

Views on Aldenham?

Post by CoolMum5 »

Not for me - we're okay for a while. But a friend is considering Aldenham for her daughter but seems put off because someone has told her it isn't as prestigious a school as some others in the area. The child is currently at a state primary. Any advice would be appreciated as I know of the school, but it's not one we considered and I don't know anyone who sent/sends their children there.
future

Re: Views on Aldenham?

Post by future »

We had considered it for our DS together with Habs, etc. Whilst the facilities are superb and staff very friendly, it was not the academic hotbed we were looking for. A friend's son and just finished 6th form and were very happy with the school.
Queen of toast

Re: Views on Aldenham?

Post by Queen of toast »

I would agree that it's academic reputation is not as strong as other local indy schools. However, it takes a much broader range of children than the other indy schools and I think that Aldenham would claim that their 'value added' score is very high.

Also, although the school is co-ed, there are loads more boys than girls. I think the Year 7 intake this year is something like about a dozen girls but 40 boys.

Good luck to your friend with her choices.