Bancrofts interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bethany

Bancrofts interviews

Post by bethany »

Has anyone heard back yet about interviews from Bancrofts?
Tabassum101

Re: Bancrofts interviews

Post by Tabassum101 »

Nope, not yet. The school mentioned in the letter they gave out on the exam day that the invitation to the interview will be at a very short notice via email. I wonder, how short a notice.
anbar

Post by anbar »

Hi Bethany,

While I was waiting for my DS on the dreaded exam day, I spoke to the deputy head, a very friendly man who informed me that they would start to notify parents via email from today (Friday 24th of Jan) and will stagger out the invites.

The waiting is absolutely excruciating! How did your children do? Unfortunately our DS could not finish the maths paper completely I.e. Did not finish the last two questions of section D. But said he found the English paper straightforward.

Hope that helps!
bethany

Post by bethany »

My DS seemed to think that the exam was ok. He actually said that he had a go at all of the Section D questions - which rather worried me as we aren't going for scholarships at all! English is his stronger subject and it sounded like he rattled through the comprehension and wrote a couple of pages on the creative writing. It's very difficult to gauge it though.

Anyway, despite my slight apprehension we got an email today inviting him for an interview, so we are pleasantly surprised and rather chuffed for him. :D

One step at a time though!
anbar

Post by anbar »

Hi Bethany,

That is wonderful news about your DS, did they give enough notice for the interview date? unfortunately no email for us yet :( , but still hopeful.

All the best for your DS on his interview day, it is a huge achievement to get this far.
bethany

Post by bethany »

Thanks Anbar,

They are staggering the emails so I'm sure yours will come soon! I received the email on Monday lunchtime and his interview is on Wed at 4pm, so no not much notice!

Keep us posted..
Century14

Post by Century14 »

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of the number of candidates that sat the exam this year?
Also, roughly how many get an interview and how many offers are made?

Thanks
henna025

Post by henna025 »

We have today received call from Bancroft school for tomorrows interview. They mentioned they have been emailing us since last 2 days but not sure why we didnt receive any.

Does anyone know if they call all candidates or only shortlisted ones?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now