Northwood College and Heathfield merge

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Immortal Dreams

Northwood College and Heathfield merge

Post by Immortal Dreams »

I was just wondering what people thought about the NC and Heathfield merge. Only just heard about it - does anyone have more info?
ToadMum

Re: Northwood College and Heathfield merge

Post by ToadMum »

Not our area, but a friend of mine had a DD at Heathfield until September when she moved to another school for sixth form. She mentioned the merger when we last met up - and was not exactly complimentary about it. I don't know whether that is a general feeling amongst Heathfield parents.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
SHertsDad

Re: Northwood College and Heathfield merge

Post by SHertsDad »

Immortal Dreams wrote:I was just wondering what people thought about the NC and Heathfield merge. Only just heard about it - does anyone have more info?
We visited Northwood but decided it would be too far for us. It seemed numbers have been going down in the schools so some consolidation was needed. We were told that Northwood now joined a large group of girls schools so it will have the financial backing to expand within its grounds and offer Heathfield parents an option to move.
They are known for their thinking skills focus, embedded across the curriculum of various subjects.