Offer from Indie but no bursary-can I appeal???

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Catseye

Re: Offer from Indie but no bursary-can I appeal???

Post by Catseye »

Guest55 wrote:Removing all these schools would improve education overnight as politicians would have to use state school for their own children.
Yes I see your logic but most parents in the UK are not in Grammar catchment areas so if they want their child to have a Grammar type education then Private may be the only option(not true in our case but for the sake of the arguement..)

to have a true fair and egalitarian education one would have to get rid of State Grammars too, otherwise the politician will move to the Grammar areas overnight
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Totally agree with G55, private schools are businesses and should receive no tax exemption and should not be asked to subsidise other children fees. If they do it on their own, that would be appreciated by the society. They all seems to get knighthood and other gongs.

Also instead of bursaries, perhaps private schools should spent money on teachers training and provide access to their sports facilities to nearby local schools.

We are not in North Korea. Option to send children to independent schools can not be removed.
Last edited by tiffinboys on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Why would they need to move? There are great comprehensive schools all over the country.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Guest55 wrote:Why would they need to move? There are great comprehensive schools all over the country.
try telling that to our Beloved Leaders :lol:

how does that song go? "take my hand and I will show you the streets of London or Birmingham or Manchester or liverpool or Leeds or any other major inner city areas in the UK"
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Catseye wrote: one of the most effective ways Indies could "advance education" is by allowing more access to their schools for less fortunate families
I fully understand how this might reduce inequality, but I cannot see how it would "advance education" by one iota.
Loopy
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We are not in North Korea. Option to send children to independent schools can not be removed.
Sorry, why not? It is the cause of most of the inequality in this country.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

But inequality is a natural part of the human condition. It is not in itself an evil, as Poverty, Disease and Ignorance.
Loopy
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

This inequality promotes poverty and maintains the class system.

Inequality in NOT part of being human ... everyone should have equal opportunity.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Why?
Loopy
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You really need to ask that? :shock:

Everyone has the right to education, good health, sanitation, clean water etc. Inequality of chance is immoral ... we are all created equal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now