Boys' School Results today....

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HappyCow

Re: Boys' School Results today....

Post by HappyCow »

Proud & happy, DS got offers from Habs & MTs.......

To those that have received offers....Congratulations...

FinchleyMum - are you waiting to hear from other schools? I do hope things work out for DS.
Finchley mum

Post by Finchley mum »

very pleased for all those that got offers. I think these schools do choose well and they are quite discerning about what type of child will do well with them. if I am honest, I can quite see why my DS did not make the grade - he lacked that intellectual curiosity to really succeed at these types of schools.

Our DS will now go to local comp which was his preference. Poor thing does not realise yet that its not going to be easier as he hoped - his father and I are putting together quite a full prgramme of after school music, sport and tuition (ie the things that Habs would have done if he had got in). Lets see if we can develop some intellectual curiosity. Its going to be as tough for us as we are such lazy parents!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Adorablesmum wrote:We have just received a letter that Ds has got through St Albans :) but on waiting list for bursary :( . We love this school and it is our first choice but without financial assistance, we cannot afford it.

I believe the school is awaiting others offered bursary who, wishes to turn down before offering to others on such waiting list.

Anyone in the same position in the past :? we will like your opinion and input please.

Thanks
It sounds like they will reallocate bursary funding if some becomes available - keep fingers crossed, just wondering if you can find out how many are ahead of you (if it works like that?)
JustADadHere

Post by JustADadHere »

It sounds like they will reallocate bursary funding if some becomes available - keep fingers crossed, just wondering if you can find out how many are ahead of you (if it works like that?)
I am in the same boat as Adorablesmum. The letter says specifically "I can give you no further information" :(
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Finchley mum sorry to hear your news, it could so easily have been any of us. It sounds like you have it all in hand, 10 is so young to be judged like this.
Jean.Brodie

Post by Jean.Brodie »

Hi Finchley mum! Sorry to read your son's news. ... I admire how understanding and positive you are being!

I am also sending you a PM.
Adorablesmum

Post by Adorablesmum »

Thank you for your input Hermanmunster :). We will try to contact the bursar for more information in regards to the waiting list.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Finchley mum wrote:very pleased for all those that got offers. I think these schools do choose well and they are quite discerning about what type of child will do well with them. if I am honest, I can quite see why my DS did not make the grade - he lacked that intellectual curiosity to really succeed at these types of schools.

Our DS will now go to local comp which was his preference. Poor thing does not realise yet that its not going to be easier as he hoped - his father and I are putting together quite a full prgramme of after school music, sport and tuition (ie the things that Habs would have done if he had got in). Lets see if we can develop some intellectual curiosity. Its going to be as tough for us as we are such lazy parents!
What a refreshing post! I wish you and your son well - you sound great. :D
Don't worry about the full programme - I bet you he develops his own interests in time.