One in independent school and the other not... Help?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CandyCrush

Re: One in independent school and the other not... Help?

Post by CandyCrush »

[quote]Does this not assume that the child in indie is getting a better education? Assuming the OP is pleased with the school choice for dc1, and dc1 is flourishing, what problem is there if the choice for dc2 is an indie? Assuming they can keep food on the table. I don't think this is about giving MORE advantage to dc2, but about choosing the right school for the right [quote]

This is a parent's perspective. Children will reach their own conclusions when they reach adulthood.

I can only speak from personal experience. My parents truly believed they were choosing the "right" schools for me and my sister. My sister felt guilt for her private education in later life and I felt cheated.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

If there are 'serious financial' implications, then I would be cautious.

Are there other avenues you could pursue - maybe St George's or Roundwood in Harpenden? I know someone who successfully appealed and got into St G's in year 8.
Yummiemummie

Post by Yummiemummie »

OP- I went to massive local comp bad loved it. My sister hated it and so my parents sent her to a small inde, where she thrived. We were v different then and still are, our different schools suited us. No problem in our household.
I have a boy and a girl and they are at different, single sex schools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now