city of london for boys

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HappyDays

Post by HappyDays »

I wonder if the home visit is to check that you are in fact who you say you are. Apparently, some wily parents pretend that they have separated/divorced in order to claim poverty and get a means tested bursary. Just a quick thought. I know that they used to do it when the Conservative govt had the assisted places scheme.

Post by Guest »

My son had 3 offers from independents, one of which was City. Travelling into Central London did put him (and us) off as did the lack of green space at the school. We went for another school which was nearer and involved a 10 min bus ride. He's v. happy at the other school and I don't regret turning down the City offer at all. I thought City was a good place though and if it had been his only offer I would have had no real qualms about him going there.
susan

city of london

Post by susan »

We are exactly in the same position. It is such a difficult period. We were very stressed to get an offer and now that we have several offers we are so stressed about making the right decision with respect to the choice of the school. City is a great school, but the location is a problem.

Post by Guest »

We've received offers from independents but will remain undecided until we know whether the grammar is going to offer a place. The grammar is preferable, but a good distance away. This factor alone may well dictate our final decision. The anxiety seems endless.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:My son had 3 offers from independents, one of which was City. Travelling into Central London did put him (and us) off as did the lack of green space at the school. We went for another school which was nearer and involved a 10 min bus ride. He's v. happy at the other school and I don't regret turning down the City offer at all. I thought City was a good place though and if it had been his only offer I would have had no real qualms about him going there.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now