11+ online exam practice sites?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Angelface1234

11+ online exam practice sites?

Post by Angelface1234 »

I don't want to pay for a tutor and my DD (understandably) is getting quite bored of endless 11+ exam past papers / revision guides. Can anyone recommend any online sites she can use to keep up with revision / test practice - preferably for English, maths, verbal and non-verbal reasoning? I was recommended a site by her school recently but I can't remember its name! I'll have to find the teacher again and check but welcome suggestions in the meantime!
ayparents

Re: 11+ online exam practice sites?

Post by ayparents »

Generic answer without knowing the type of exam you are preparing for.

Probably you already know, but did you try bond online?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It would be helpful to know which exams you are sitting. DG
Angelface1234

Post by Angelface1234 »

Yes sorry I should have said. For my DD we're looking at (mainly) London Consortium schools. DD also has twin brother who will be taking the ISEB pre-tests before Christmas. I'd like an online platform they can both use. We have tried Bond online but found it quite tricky to navigate. Any other suggestions would be welcome! It's all rooted in KS2 so I'm thinking there must be something they can both use that's better than Bond online (we like their books though!)
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

London consortium has moved to online CEM with no written papers at all so I do hope you have not been wasting your time doing past consortium papers as that format has been completely abandoned.

You need to be doing online CEM testing and CEM is all about timing and speed.

Are you sitting any non Consortium schools? DG
Angelface1234

Post by Angelface1234 »

Thanks DG. We went to DD's senior school's presentation evening the other day and the Head made us aware of the major changes with London Consortium but mentioned that it was still a paper test. I don't think it is online but maybe the school is mistaken! Where did you read that it's online?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There are some FAQs here, which don't mention on line testing, but maybe they haven't been updated? DG, can you point us to where it says the tests are now on line?

Angelface1234 you have posted this in "Maths". Would you like me to move ot somewhere more appropraite, such as "Independent Schools"?
scary mum
Angelface1234

Post by Angelface1234 »

Yes, do you know if I need to start a new thread to do that or can I just move it over? I'm keen to find an answer to this London Consortium query asap so maybe a different subject heading would be appropriate.

A site was recommended by the school (teacher just reminder me) and it has a useful Advice section which says it is paper based. It also seems up to date on the recent changes. edited by moderator

We'll trial the site tonight with DD and DS although it's expensive! At least there's a free trial.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I will move it to the Independent school section
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sorry, I can see from their website that they are using the paper format.

I was thinking they were using the online format that St Pauls and Downe House use for their knock out first round.

They have of course removed all the former consortium papers but there are bound to be tutors around still using them as they are great papers.

CEM is short timed sections so it is not the same format as the one that Habs, St Pauls, St Albans , City and NLCS is using.

So don't waste any time doing standard format English and Maths papers. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now