ISEB Common Pre-Tests. Help!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

abfabmum

ISEB Common Pre-Tests. Help!

Post by abfabmum »

Hi everybody, we're very new to this (only moved over from New York last year) so please bear with me. Ds will be taking ISEB tests for Westminster, St Paul's, City, Wetherby and Harrow in November. He's a smart boy but obviously there has been quite a lot to catch up on and the school hasn't explained the whole process too well.

For verbal and non-verbal reasoning in particular I would like him to get some practice. He's definitely a visual learner so some video tutorials or at least being able to see how a shape comes together would be helpful. We've also got gaps to fill in English and maths :(

On another note, does anyone know if you can do any mock tests?
FAC51

Re: ISEB Common Pre-Tests. Help!

Post by FAC51 »

The pretest provider is GL Assessment, so any GL style mock will be good practice.

The Bucks mock by the owners of this forum is GL style and covers all 4 subjects - but, as with most mock test providers, it is paper rather than computer based.

If your son's school does CAT tests at the start of year 6, they will be very similar in style to the pretest, but won't give the detailed feedback you get from a mock test.
Angelface1234

Post by Angelface1234 »

We are finding Galore Park's online resource very helpful - go to their homepage and you'll find it. Galore Park are recommended by ISEB so relevant for the Common pre test.

That site has mock tests but there is also a learning side with video tutorials in verbal and non-verbal reasoning (and English and maths).

Hope it helps!
abfabmum

Post by abfabmum »

That's great thank you. Will take a look this afternoon.
Bramblebee

Post by Bramblebee »

How can I find the learning videos on this site? Thanks a lot.
LONNOR

Post by LONNOR »

abfabmum wrote:Hi everybody, we're very new to this (only moved over from New York last year) so please bear with me. Ds will be taking ISEB tests for Westminster, St Paul's, City, Wetherby and Harrow in November. He's a smart boy but obviously there has been quite a lot to catch up on and the school hasn't explained the whole process too well.

For verbal and non-verbal reasoning in particular I would like him to get some practice. He's definitely a visual learner so some video tutorials or at least being able to see how a shape comes together would be helpful. We've also got gaps to fill in English and maths :(

On another note, does anyone know if you can do any mock tests?

Do you need to take 4 x ISEB for Westminster, St Paul's, City, Wetherby and Harrow?
Thanks
Almostover

Post by Almostover »

No, they sit the ISEB test only once and the results are shared between all participating schools.

There are currently 2 online providers that claim to have mock tests for ISEB. If you google - you should be able to get the names. I can name them, but the moderators seem to edit the names of the online providers out :(
paivinhenyi

Post by paivinhenyi »

Hi All
I am a newbie to this forum.Please can you PM me the names of the online sites for prep of the oretest exams.
Thank you
LONNOR

Post by LONNOR »

Pls PM me too
paivinhenyi

Post by paivinhenyi »

Hi
I am new to the forum.Please can anyone please advise on how to check my private messages.Also could anyone suggest appropriate preparatory text materials for St paul girls ,city of London school for girls and HABS girls.
Thank you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now