Anti Semitic incident at North London Collegiate

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Middlesexmum

Re: Anti Semitic incident at North London Collegiate

Post by Middlesexmum »

Vas, you are comparing chalk with cheese.

The story to which you refer concerned an innocent mistake of the nurse on duty that night.

It's nothing to do with being 'fragile'. ANYONE would be deeply offended by the comment the NCLS teacher made.

Do you really not have any sympathy for the girl in question?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I think, we should allow the school to diffuse the situation; rather than allowing outsiders to make a bad situation even worse.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Unfortunately the damage has already been done. There was a letter published in the Jewish Chronicle this week urging parents to write to NLCS to request that the teacher is dismissed. This is a national newspaper.

Personally my sympathy lies with the girl in question.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I would rate this as a very unfortunate turn of event. Hope this is resolved without any harm to any individual. Who would have thought that queue jumping would go to this extent?

And I suspect that for every letter asking for action against the teacher, there would be more letters in support of that teacher, specially as school dealt with the matter and an apology was tendered, even though it is also alleged that those comments were not made and the girl concerned or her some other friend mis-heard the comments actually made by the teacher. Who knows?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

This is a very sad situation indeed for all concerned, and I hope it will be resolved swiftly.

Posts have been made on the basis of apparent hearsay, and we don't feel that this is helpful to any of the parties involved. We are not sure what there is to be gained from further "tit-for-tat" exchanges.

Based on experience of the way religious discussions have gone on the forum in the past, and without wishing to stifle legitimate debate, we do feel that it is time to lock the thread.

Should anyone fundamentally disagree with that decision, please do PM me.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now