loulou

Post by loulou »

YEY!

Congratulations!

Well done Ed!
Well done indeed.
AJ11

Post by AJ11 »

I've been watching this thread closely as my son also sat the exams for an academic scholarship back in November (Gloucester). He passed and had to go for an interview then was offered a place on scholarship but we have had to wait to know the value of the award as he was going for a sports scholarship too. He did this on Thursday and now we have to wait and see what they offer over all. (Not got high hopes of it being enough)

Ed's Mum, well done to you and your son. Good luck with the interview. It's a long process but hopefully worth it in the end. I'm just so proud of my son for having a go and I never dreamed he would get offered a place on scholarship, just goes to show you never know.

Good luck to everyone.
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

yippee Ed ( and his Mum)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a Mum like yours you'll be fine for the interview, just be you and do not admit to insanity in the family. ( sorry Mum [Corv(ette)], couldn't resist :lol: )

I know LBSWM would be sending her congratulations as well, but I think she is in confinement at the moment :lol: ( Well if AM is not pulling my leg again.............? :? )
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Rosey wrote: I know LBSWM would be sending her congratulations as well, but I think she is in confinement at the moment :lol: ( Well if AM is not pulling my leg again.............? :? )
What??? :shock: Another little LBS?
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

KES Parent wrote:
Rosey wrote: I know LBSWM would be sending her congratulations as well, but I think she is in confinement at the moment :lol: ( Well if AM is not pulling my leg again.............? :? )
What??? :shock: Another little LBS?
See what you started AM!

Sorry seriously off topic, ...........................to be continued in Rehab :wink: :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Great news Ed's Mum. Very pleased for you, your son and your bank account. :D

Sally-Anne
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Thanks for your comments guys!! (Even Rosey!!!)
AJ11 - We were fortunate to be told how much they would give us as a bursary, he just had to show he was scholarship potential in the exams, which would then generate an interview with the Head. It was definitely useful to know in advance whether we should bother to enter him for the exams as we knew we needed a hefty bursary to even consider putting edward through all of this. Just one more hurdle...
:mrgreen:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news - well done Ed!

Big hugs all around :lol:
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

EXCELLENT news, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:D :D :D