Common Entrance /13+ Scholarship Tutor needed - Glos

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Frostythesnowman

Common Entrance /13+ Scholarship Tutor needed - Glos

Post by Frostythesnowman »

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help please - I need a tutor to provide a little familiarisation for the common entrance tests my DD is going to take in January - does anyone know of any good tutors around Cheltenham/Glos? Please pm any names if at all possible.
Thanks
yoyo123

Re: Common Entrance /13+ Scholarship Tutor needed - Glos

Post by yoyo123 »

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Frostythesnowman

Post by Frostythesnowman »

Hi Everyone - I'm still looking for tutors - totally understand the pm request, hence that's whey I suggested it in my original post. But still no recommendations as yet - I guess all available tutors are fully booked for years to come now the new CEM test has come in in Glos.!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Might be worth asking again on the Gloucestershire thread? I know nothing about either of these exams but maybe there is some overlap between them now? I don't think any of the independent schools in Cheltenham is massively academic is it, apart from CLC, which I think runs its own entrance exams?
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

Cheltenham College is fairly academic and has a split in Year 8 in to Scholars and the rest with the exams sat at different times of the year for 13+. But also sport is important to them as well and sporty students can get scholarships through that route.

I believe that Dean Close is less academic and I know that some families have moved to Dean Close because of that. But CLC is very academic and they really push the girls hard to achieve.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now